The Maqasid Institute is looking for volunteers who would like to work with the latest maqasid research materials, have access to Maqasid Institute scholars and will be part of the MI team as Digital Resource Manager and Research Fellow (Senior Research Fellow for PhD Holders).
Volunteer Key skills:
- Teamwork skills.
- Assessment of resources and library users’ needs
- Background in academic and Maqasid research
- Strong communication skills in Arabic/English.
- Familiarity with web based tools and remote work.
- Ability to dedicate 5 hours of volunteer work per week on average.
Volunteer Job Description:
- Review and rewrite and standardize the listing of library materials following a bibliography standard recognized in academia.
- Arranging the classification and revising it according to the MI methodology.
- categorize the references into folders according to the field of study.
- Adding references in Arabic and English that are open source.
- Suggesting research centers or websites that offer non-open-sources of importance,in order to communicate and cooperate with them.
- Updating the e-library with the latest scholarly contributions that are relevant to maqasid research focus.
If interested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, attach an updated CV and fill MRN membership form (if you have not done so already).
Take a look at MI Library beta version with Arabic references here.