- This event has passed.
MI Research Forum #10
December 2, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Higher Objectives of Islamic Theology: Charting a New Territory
Join us for a thought-provoking talk by Dr. Mohamed Gamal Abdelnour, where he delves into the Higher Objectives of Islamic Theology and explores the significance of Maqāṣid al-ʿAqīda. This event is open to all and promises to be an insightful exploration of Islamic theology.
Dr. Mohamed Gamal Abdelnour is a faculty member at the Faculty of Uṣūl al-Dīn, Al-Azhar University (Cairo) and a visiting research fellow at the University of York, U.K.
His talk will explore the key questions in his book, The Higher Objectives of Islamic Theology: Toward a Theory of Maqāṣid al-ʿAqīda (Oxford University Press, 2022).
Some of the questions he will address include:
- Is Islam a religion of orthopraxy alone?
- Why did Islamic theology fail to develop a systemic genre of Maqāṣid al-ʿAqīda (Higher Objectives of Islamic Theology)?
- How do we chart out a map to guide the process of founding such an area?
- In what ways may the emerging Maqāṣid al-ʿAqīda benefit from the well-established Maqāṣid al-Sharīʿa (Higher Objectives of Islamic Law)? What are the ramifications of having an underdeveloped theology?
Join us in the 10th MI – Research Forum
- Title: The Higher Objectives of Islamic Theology: Charting a New Territory
- Date: December 2, 2023
- Time; 15.00 Makkah/Istanbul
- Online via ZOOM
- To get the link to the research forum, please click the link below to register: