Call for Researchers: AI Research Group Manager, Research Fellows
The Maqasid Institute (MI) is looking for an interested individual who will take up the role of “Maqasid AI Discussion & Research Group Manager” as well research fellows in the same discipline. These individuals would have a strong aspiration to contribute to the cause of Tajdeed and Islah (renewal and reform) which MI is dedicated to.
The manager will work with the latest maqasid research materials, have access to MI scholars, earn Senior/Research Fellow title, earn recommendation letters and will be part of the MI’s global team. As for the researchers, they will work with the latest maqasid research materials, have access to MI scholars, earn Research Fellow title, earn recommendation letters and will be part of the MI’s Maqasid Research Network.
Key skills and requirements (for Manager & Researchers)
- Teamwork skills.
- Background in academic and Maqasid research (preferred. MI will provide training as well.)
- Strong communication skills in Arabic/English.
- Familiarity with web based tools and remote work.
- Ability to dedicate 5 hours of volunteer work per week on average.
- Experience with research and publication in the fields of data science, machine learning, computer science, EE engineering, systems engineering, philosophy and ethics, medicine, psychology/psychiatry, neuroscience, or strong interest in this area of augmented human intelligence.
Role Description for Manager:
- Manage the group’s events, discussions, research activities.
- Communicate with group members about research activities.
- Keep track of research due dates and event dates.
- Set the agenda for group meetings and moderate discussions.
- Assign tasks to group members and follow-up with them.
Research Work Description for Researchers:
- Participate in discussions, prepare scientific papers and present their ideas, theses, articles.
- Review papers, books or presentations of other group members. Contribute to an enhanced collective understanding of current issues and challenges in the Maqasidi research in the area of augmented human intelligence.
- Suggest topics for discussions or materials to review.
- Assist Group Manager in administrative matters of the group upon request.
If interested please contact Dr. Ildus Rafikov at: [email protected], attach an updated CV.
Alternatively, interested individuals can join our Ms Teams group by following this link.